This case study demonstrates the use of the Corporate Tree function and PatBase Analytics V2 to identify and visualise a company patent portfolio in PatBase.
The Corporate Tree enables users to quickly search and identify company names and subsidiaries.
PatBase Analytics V2 can then be used to visualise and analyse the portfolio, answering key questions including:
- Where is the company filing its applications?
- How has their number of filings changed over the years?
- Which of their subsidiaries are the most active in filing patents?
- Who are their top inventors and in which subsidiary are they located?
- In which technology areas are they filing?
- What is the legal status of the company’s portfolio?